Yeovil District Hospital NHSFT is able to offer work experience placements within a variety of departments to students and to individuals returning to work after a break in paid employment.
In particular, students aged 17 and above who are interested in a career in medicine, nursing or another healthcare profession, and who are seeking a clinical work experience placement, can apply for a one-week ‘healthcare experience’ programme. However, places are extremely limited as only one student per week can be accommodated. Application forms must be submitted. This programme is currently fully booked. Further applicants will be added to a waiting list and contacted if a place becomes available.
Applications are welcomed for clinical and non-clinical work experience placements (maximum duration 5-days). To apply please download and complete the appropriate (clinical / non-clinical) application form.
For further information please contact us.
Healthcare Experience Programme (one week rotational). This programme is currently fully booked. Further applicants will be added to a waiting list and contacted if a place becomes available.
Radiology (x-ray); Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy; Pharmacy (average two to three day placements)
Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01935 384529
Non-clinical Work Experience Programme (one week rotational)
Sam.email@example.com / 01935 384579
- Secondary school students seeking a healthcare experience placement must be at least 17 years of age
- There are no age limitations for students seeking the non-clinical rotational programme, or for those from FE colleges or for individuals seeking placement following a break in paid employment
- 5-day Healthcare Experience Programme: please download, complete and return the application form
- For other areas or enquiries please telephone, email or write (including a CV).
Healthcare Experience Programme:
- Students may observe ward rounds and patient activities with the patient’s consent, but will NOT be involved in the personal care of patients
- Students are NOT permitted within A&E, Critical Care, Midwifery or Operating Theatres
All students attending a work experience placement must adhere to a strict dress code. To view the dress code please click here.
Unsuitable attire may result in the student being asked to return home and change.