Yeovil District Hospital NHSFT is able to offer work experience placements within a variety of departments to students and to individuals returning to work after a break in paid employment.
In particular, students aged 17 and above who are interested in a career in medicine, nursing or another healthcare profession, and who are seeking a clinical work experience placement, can apply for a one-week ‘healthcare experience’ programme. However, places are extremely limited as only one student per week can be accommodated. Application forms must be submitted.
Applications are welcomed for clinical and non-clinical work experience placements (maximum duration 5-days). To apply please download and complete the appropriate (clinical / non-clinical) application form.
For further information please contact us.
Healthcare Experience Programme (one week rotational). This programme is currently fully booked. Further applicants will be added to a waiting list and contacted if a place becomes available.
Radiology (x-ray); Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy; Pharmacy (average two to three day placements)
Elaine.email@example.com / 01935 384529
Non-clinical Work Experience Programme (one week rotational)
Sam.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01935 384579
- Secondary school students seeking a healthcare experience placement must be at least 17 years of age
- There are no age limitations for students seeking the non-clinical rotational programme, or for those from FE colleges or for individuals seeking placement following a break in paid employment
- 5-day Healthcare Experience Programme: please download, complete and return the application form
- For other areas or enquiries please telephone, email or write (including a CV).
Healthcare Experience Programme:
- Students may observe ward rounds and patient activities with the patient’s consent, but will NOT be involved in the personal care of patients
- Students are NOT permitted within A&E, Critical Care, Midwifery or Operating Theatres
All students attending a work experience placement must adhere to a strict dress code. To view the dress code please click here.
Unsuitable attire may result in the student being asked to return home and change.