Yeovil District Hospital’s consultants and their teams are now holding regular clinics in a wide range of specialities in the brand new state-of-the-art facilities provided at South Petherton Hospital.
The Health and Wellbeing Centre at South Petherton is providing accommodation for outpatient clinics run by our consultants, specialist nurses and therapists. X-ray and ultrasound investigations are also available.
Outpatients clinics and diagnostic services provided by Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust at South Petherton include:
- Care of the elderly
- Children’s services (paediatrics)
- Clinical investigations
- Day care services
- Eye consultations (ophthalmology)
- General medical problems
- General surgical problems
- Hearing tests (audiology)
- Orthopaedics (bones and muscles)
- Pre-operative assessment
- Skin problems (dermatology)
- Sleep problems – The Sleep Service is moving to YDH on Monday 8 January 2018
- Stoma services
- Urology (urinary conditions)
- Wig service
For most services when you and your GP agree that you need an appointment it will be booked through the national Choose and Book service.
The benefits of choosing South Petherton
- The site is easily accessible from the A303 and there is plenty of free parking.
- Bus services drop off at the front of the hospital. The No 81 route, provided by South West Coaches, runs hourly from Yeovil bus station to South petherton Hospital and same from South petherton to Yeovil.
- Some specialities provide a one-stop service cutting down the number of hospital visits needed and enabling speedier diagnosis and treatment.
- The clinics are airy and spacious and benefit from the latest equipment.
- Refreshments are available in the Foyer
Have your say
Yeovil District Hospital would like to hear about your experiences at South Petherton. Please feel free to make suggestions about other services you would like our staff to provide there. Please write to:
The Communications Department, Yeovil District Hospital, Yeovil BA21 4AT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What patients have said:
“I have been to see the podiatrist twice at South Petherton hospital. What a joy – wonderful, new building with fantastic views, cold water cooler, very helpful staff. We are so glad the recession came too late to stop the project!”